SEPA Part 2: Activities after 13-Dec-2010 (Date County Appeal of Restart was Denied)
On March 22, 2010, the Jefferson County Department of Community Development (DCD) made a SEPA “determination of significance” (DS) for the Iron Mountain Quarry (IMQ) storm water permit application.
On April 7, 2010, issuing a constitutional writ of certiorari seeking court review, IMQ appealed Jefferson County’s administrative DS. The matter came before the Kitsap County Superior Court, Judge Anna M. Laurie presiding.
On October 5, 2010, the court found for IMQ. It ordered that the decision of the Jefferson County’s DS, which required an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is vacated. This matter was remanded to Jefferson County for further proceedings not inconsistent with this Court's Memorandum Opinion to include further action of making a determination on the IMQ application in compliance with SEPA policy. Jefferson County appealed for discretionary review of this decision but the appeal was denied on December 13, 2010.
On October 27, 2010 Jefferson County issued a Notice of Vacation of its DS and a pending new threshold determination. In effect, the SEPA process was restarted.
- Organization of Volume 4 and file names follow conventions used by the County's lead consultant Shockey Planning Group wherever possible to facilitate cross-referencing.
- A typical Binder has Adobe Bookmarks as a navigation aid, which shows the file names. If you cannot see this navigation aid, get Help with PDF navigation.
- The source of much of the technical Public Record data is the County's Laserfiche® WebLink at Jefferson/Permits/Case Files/MLA10-00072 New Shine Quarry.
Administrative and Legal PRR Materials
- JeffCo Notice of Vacation of NSQ DS and Pending Threshold Determination 27-Oct-2010
- JeffCo Appeal for Review of Order Vacating IMQ SEPA DS Denied 13-Dec-2010
- PLVC's SEPA Public Records Request from JeffCo Attorney re Pope-IMQ NSQ for Period 13-Dec-2010 to 22-Sep-2011
PRR PLVC to JeffCo PA re SEPA Pope-IMQ NSQ 22-Sep-2011 Response Binder [370 Pages, 10.8 MB]
Volume 4: PRR Materials re SEPA Process Restarted 13-Dec-2010
- Sec 0: Air
- Sec 1: Earth
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-1 Earth Binder [46 Pages, 7.67 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-1 Mats-Mats Glacier Northwest Quarry Final EIS DNR April-2003 [461 Pages, 22 MB]
- Sec 2: Environmental Health
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-2 Environmental Health Binder [44 Pages, 3.31 MB]
- Sec 3: General Notes
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-3 General Notes Binder [415 Page, 12.5 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-3 1.4 Stormwater Site Plan 052611 [1 Page, 4.4 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-3 1.6 Stormwater Management Plan Set 2 [12 Pages, 13.1 MB]
- Sec 4: Noise
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-4 110831 Iron Mountain Updated Noise Study Response to Peer Re (Secured) [58 Pages, 11.5 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-4 Emails re Noise Binder [12 Pages, 0.42 MB]
- Sec 5: Plants and Animals
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-5 Plants and Animals Binder [27 Pages, 4.1 MB]
- Sec 6: Surface Water (Streams and Wetlands)
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-6 Surface Water 2.7 Addendum to IMQ Wetland Delineation (Secured) [50 Pages, 15.7 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-6 Surface Water 2.12 IMQ Port Gamble Response (Secured) [11 Pages, 5.57 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-6 Surface Water Binder [24 Pages, 4.12 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-6 Surface Water Emails re Surface Water [115 Pages, 10.58 MB]
- Sec 7: Traffic
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-7 Traffic Binder [293 Pages, 4.26 MB]
- Sec 8: Miscellaneous via Jefferson County
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 DCD Emails Ordered by Sender [568 Pages, 3.3 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 DCD Emails Ordered Chronologically [568 Pages, 3.3 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 DCD Emails Attachments Ordered Chronologically [852 Pages, 51.6 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 DCD Emails Attachments Ordered Alphabetically [852 Pages, 54.8 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 Miscellaneous JeffCo Post Kitsap Court Binder [259 Pages, 20.7 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 Miscellaneous Final Groundwater 030311 (Secured) [4 Pages, 3.15 MB]
- NSQ SEPA Vol-4 Sec-8 Miscellaneous Updated Community Noise Assessment 033011 (Secured) [50 Pages, 20.5 MB]
Pre-Release Draft of Jefferson County Public Notice Of Type I Land Use Application and Pending SEPA Determination MLA10-00072
This project requires:
- Stormwater Management Permit (in accordance with Jefferson County Code Title 18) with a SEPA Threshold Determination from Jefferson County,
- NPDES permit from the Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology),
- Reclamation Permit from the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR), and
- Jurisdictional Determination from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The following additional permits/approvals may be needed:
- Hydraulic Project Approval from the Department of Fish and Wildlife,
- Section 404 Permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and
- Section 401 Water Quality Certification from Ecology.
- Shine Quarry Phase 1A Drainage Control Report dated February 22, 2010 by Layton and Sell, Inc. P.S.
- Addendum 1 to Shine Quarry Phase 1 dated May 25, 2011 by Layton and Sell, Inc. P.S.
- Potential Air Quality and Wind Effects of New Shine Quarry Operations dated February 28, 2011 by Envirometrics Inc.
- Geologic and Geohazard Assessment dated February 26, 2008 by AMEC
- Geologic Assessment dated February 16, 2011 by AMEC
- Hydrogeology Report dated June 16, 2009 by Environ
- Critical Aquifer Recharge Area Report for the New Shine Quarry dated February 2, 2010 by Environ
- Response to Groundwater Issues Raised by the County dated March 3, 2011 by Environ
- Existing habitats, plants and animals at the proposed New Shine Quarry site in Jefferson County. Washington dated January 13, 2009 by Environ
- Updated Community Noise Assessment for the Proposed Iron Mountain Quarry dated March 2011 by AMEC (pp 4-58 updated Aug-2011. Unavoidably includes #20 due to password secured PDF)
- Blasting Noise and Vibration Analysis dated April 25, 2011 by Austin Powder
- Visual Impact of the Proposed New Shine Quarry dated November 24, 2009 by Centre Point Consultants, Inc. P.S.
- Supplemental View Impact Analysis dated February 3, 2011 by Robert Hanson and Centre Point Consultants, Inc. P.S.
- Iron Mountain Quarry Traffic Impact Analysis dated December 3, 2009 by Transportation Solutions, Inc.
- Iron Mountain Quarry Traffic Impact Analysis revised July 2011 by Transportation Solutions, Inc.
- Wetland Mitigation Sequencing Analysis dated February 2010 prepared by Gordon Derr
- Conceptual Wetland Mitigation Plan and Indirect Impacts Analysis dated February 18, 2010 by Environ
- New Shine Quarry Wetland Delineation and Inventory dated July 2009 by Environ
- Addendum to Wetland Delineation and Inventory Report for New Shine Quarry dated June 13, 2011 by Environ
- Response to comments from Michael Minor and Associates on the Community Noise Assessment for the proposed New Shine Quarry dated August 31,2011 (pp 1-3. Unavoidably includes #10 due to password secured PDF)
- New Shine Quarry Blasting Impacts dated September 2011
Record of Cause 10-2-00181-5 Pope-IMQ Writ Against JeffCo
- Cause 10-2-00181-5 Pope-IMQ Writ Against JeffCo Amended Index of the Record 25-May-2010 [3 Pages, 0.13 MB]
- Cause 10-2-00181-5 Pope-IMQ Writ Against JeffCo Amended Index of the Record 25-May-2010-A [3 Pages, 0.05 MB]
- Cause 10-2-00181-5 Pope-IMQ Writ Against JeffCo Record for Review 25-May-2010 [4,419 Pages, 165 MB]
JeffCo's Final SEPA Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance, Binder, and Issuance of IMQ NSQ Storm-Water Permit
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 01 Geologic and Geohazard Assessment by AMEC 26-Feb-2008
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 02 Geologic Assessment by AMEC 16-Feb-2008
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 03 Emergency Spill Response Plan by Layton-Sell 19-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 04 Air Quality and Wind Effects of Operation by Envirometrics 28-Feb-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 04A Air Emissions Inventory and Results Part-2 re Envirometrics 28-Feb-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 04B Air Screen Results Part-3 re Envirometrics 28-Feb-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 05 Review of IMQ Air Quality Study by Michael-Minor 15-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 06 Response to Air Quality Review by Envirometrics 15-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 07 Ground Water Hydrogeology Conditions by Environ 16-Jun-2009
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 08 Wetland Delineation and Inventory by Environ Jul-2009
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 09 Wetland Mitigation Sequencing Analysis by GoronDerr 23-Feb-2010
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 10 Critical Aquifer Recharge by Environ 2-Feb-2010
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 11 Conceptual Wetland Plan and Impacts Analysis by Environ 18-Feb-2010
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 12 Phase-1A Drainage Control by Layton-Sell 22-Feb-2010
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 13 Response to County Groundwater Issues by Environ 3-Mar-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 14 Addendum-1 to Phase-1 Drainage Control by Layton-Sell 25-May-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 15 Addendum to Wetland Delineation and Inventory by Environ 13-Jun-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 16 Critical Aquifer Recharge Area Assessment by AESGeo 16-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 17 Email-Chain re IMQ Critical Wetland Mitigation Areas 26-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 18 Water Quality Monitoring Plan by Environ Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 19 Response to Bahls re Stormwater Management by Layton-Sell 19-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 20 Existing Habitats Plants and Animals by Environ 13-Jan-2009
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 21 Percent Forested Watershed at End Phase-1 Environ 14-Sep-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 22 NSQ Habitat Management Plan and Mitigation by Environ Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 23 IMQ Traffic Impact Analysis by GTC Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 24 IMQ Traffic Impact Analysis by TSI 3-Dec-2009
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 25 IMQ SR-104 Traffic Gap Analysis 3-Oct-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 26 WSDOT SR-104 Traffic Determination by Severson 10-Jan-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 27 Response to WSDOT and Community Traffic Comments by TSI 14-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 28 IMQ Traffic Impact Analysis by TSI Jul-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 29 Updated Community Noise Assessment for IMQ by AMEC Mar-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 29A Review of IMQ Noise Study by Michael-Minor 12-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 30A0 Email-Chain re Michael-Minor Peer Review 30-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 29A1 Response to Michael Minor Noise Comments by AMEC 31-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 30 Blasting Noise Vibration Fly-rock Analysis by Austin-Powder 25-Apr-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 30A Review of IMQ Blasting Study by Michael-Minor 15-Aug-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 30A1 NSQ Blasting Impacts by Austin-Powder Sep-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 31 Noise Assessment Clarifications by AMEC 16-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 32 Blasting Plan with Property-Owner Notification by IMQ 19-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 33 Visual Impact of Quarry by Centre-Point 24-Nov-2009
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 34 Supplement to Visual Impact Analysis by Centre-Point 3-Feb-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 35 Additional IMQ Information re Various Issues by GordonDerr 14-Jun-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 36 IMQ Compliance Narrative by GordonDerr 21-Jun-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 37 Economic Outlook in Kitsap County by GordonDerr 6-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 38 IMQ Responses to JeffCo Permitting and Environmental Review 15-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 39 Responses to SEPA Comments by Environ 19-Mar-2011
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS 40 Response re Preservation of Natural Vegetation by Layton-Sell 19-Mar-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS IMQ Threshold Determination 20-Apr-2012
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS IMQ Binder 20-Apr-2012 [929 pages, 71.6 MB]
- NSQ SEPA FMDNS IMQ MLA10-00072 Permit and Addendum 28-Sep-2012
Resolution of Writ of Certiorari